This Korean seasoned vegetable salad is simple and colorful side dish for obento.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 carrot, peel and cut into 2 inch-long (5cm) thin stripes
- 5 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ Chinese chive
- ½ abura-age, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsps. (大3) sesame seed
- 3 tbsps. (大3) sesame oil
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- seasoning sauce, optional
- Blanch carrot and bell pepper in boiling water for a short time. Remove them quickly and run cold water over them. Squeeze gentry them out any excess water.
- Cook the shredded abura-age in the same way above.
- Simmer Chinese chive for 30 seconds and the cut into 2 inch long (5cm).
- Mix other ingredients (sesame seed and oil, salt and seasoning sauce) well in a bowl, add vegetables and mix them well.