It’s pickling season! So I made fridge pickles last week. I like fridge ones more than processed ones because they taste fresh and light. And I really love to stuff Weck jars with pickles.
- 1½ cups vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt for vinegar mixture
- 1kg vegetables, whatever you want, cut into halves or spears
- 1 tbsp (大1) peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp (大1) fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- Cut veggies into spears
- Mix with salt (at 2% by weight of the vegetables) and keep them aside for 15-20 minutes
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring frequently until sugar and salt has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool completely
- Drain off excess water from vegetables
- Pack the vegetables tightly into the jars. Add some whole peppercorns, bay leaves and shredded ginger.
- Pour vinegar mixture into the jars
- Keep them in the fridge for at least one week for the best flavor
Cut veggies into halves or spears. I chose zucchinis, celery, cucumbers, radish, peppers, carrots, and myoga.
Salt them for a while and drain well. and then pack tightly into the Weck jars.
Add some whole peppercorns, bay leaves and shredded ginger. and pour vinegar mixture into the jars.
Carrots, red and yellow pepper and myoga.
Cucumbers, zucchinis and celery.
Keep them in the fridge for at least one week for the best flavor.
Now the fridge pickles are ready to eat☆