Sweet chilli prawns stir-fry
This is colorful and delicious dish. When I make this dish for dinner, I use shell-on prawns because the shells also have a good flavor. But when it comes to bento dish, I peel prawns because removing shells makes them easier to eat. I recommend that you eat this dish with scrambled eggs.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 4 prawns, peeled and deveined
- ¼ medium red and yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp scallion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsps chicken broth, or instant chicken bouillon granules and water
- ½ tsp potato starch, or corn starch
- ¼ tsp chilli paste, optional
- 1 tbsp sake or cooking wine, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For removing fishy flavor ant dirt from the prawns, mix salt, potato starch (not include in this recipe) and a little water with prawns well and rinse it off.
- Combine ketchup sauce mixture, ketchup, chicken broth, potato starch, chilli paste and sake and mix them well and then set aside
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger and scallion. Cook until light brown and fragrant.
- Add prawns in the pan and stir fly until color starts to change
- Remove prawns from the pan and set aside
- Add a little more oil and peppers to the pan and stir fry until lightly tender and add prawns to it.
- Pour in the ketchup mixture, stir fry until it is bubbly and thickened
- Add salt and pepper