Bitter melon stir-fry
This is my favorite summer bento dish, bitter melon stir-fry. Just stir fry all ingredients over medium-high heat. Ingredients; sliced bitter melon, finely chopped ginger and scallions, salt/pepper, that’s all. (I love the bitterness of this gourd, so don’t do anything for reducing the bitterness.)
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 1 medium-sized bitter melon, sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsps scallions, finely chopped
- Sesame oil
- In a large pan over medium heat, add sesame oil.
- Add the ginger and scallions and cook just until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute.
- Add bitter melon and cook them until lightly tender
- Season them with salt and pepper