Pork and eggplant salad
This is an easy-to-make summer salad. You can use beef or chicken in the place of pork. When it comes to the dressing, homemade ponzu sauce go great with this salad though, sesame dressing or olive + balsamic vinegar would go well.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 150g pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, cut into spears
- 2-3 shiso leaves, cut into thinly strips
- 2-3 tbsps ponzu sauce
- ½-1 tbsp sesame seeds, ground
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine ponzu sauce, sesame seeds and oil and stir well.
- Add some water to a pot and bring to a boil and reduce heat to low
- Add egg plants to the pot and simmered until cooked thoroughly and then remove from the pot, drain well and add the large bowl.
- Add pork and simmer until the color turns from pinkish-red to less pink to white. And then remove, drain well and add the large bowl.
- Add shiso leaves to the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well and let them rest for a while in a fridge until served.