Three bean salad
This is one of my favorite recipes with chickpeas. You can use boiled edamame in the place of green peas. Canned beans are very convenient for beans dishes though, I like to use a lot of beans that I cook myself. Cooking dry beans from scratch can be easy. Just soaking and cooking! It’s best to let this salad sit in the fridge for a few hours. So the flavors can be harmonious.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red kidney beans, cooked or canned, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup green peas, boiled
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped, salted and soaked in water to take the edge off the onion
- 2 tbsps wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1-2 tbsps dijonnaise
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, red kidney beans, green peas, chopped onion (drained well of soaking water).
- In a separate small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, dijonnaise, salt and pepper well and add the dressing to the beans. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to let beans soak up the flavor of dressing.