Carrot and bell pepper salad
This sesame flavored salad plays a great role when it comes to adding color to the bento box. I recommend that you use a box grater or vegetable shredder that works well.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 1 middle sized carrot, shredded
- 3 bell peppers, cut into strips lengthways
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsps sesame oil
- ½ tbsp sesame seed
- ½ tbsp ground sesame seed
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Blanch the carrots and bell peppers and drain well.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and squeeze out the excess water
- In a medium sized bowl, add dressing ingredients and mix well
- Add the veggies to the bowl and toss well to combine
- Let them sit in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes