Balsamic marinated vegetables
This is a delicious refreshing summer dish and also easy to make. The summer colorful healthy vegetables get powerful rich flavors when grilled and marinated in balsamic vinegar. Other vegetables can be used with this recipe, such as tomatoes, broccoli, onions and squash.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into pieces lengthways
- 4 green peppers
- ¼ medium sized carrot, sliced
- ½ bitter melon, sliced
- some fresh sweet basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- ½-1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, cut into thinly strips
- In a large sized bowl, combine all marinate mixture and mix well until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- Heat a large frying pan over middle-high heat, add vegetable oil and grill veggies until lightly brown and tender.
- Remove from the heat and transfer them to the bowl.
- Toss them up with balsamic mixture lightly.
- Put vegetables and the mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag and seal.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for more than half an hour, turning the bag occasionally.
- Serve them sprinkled with chopped sweet basil.