This salty and sweet beef with ginger flavor is a nicely balanced obento dish and goes very well with cooked rice. It’s a definitely one of my favorite obento dishes.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
Recipe type: Japanese
- 300g thinly sliced beef
- 3 tbsps. (大3) fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsps. (大2) soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. (大2) sake
- 1 tbsp. (大1) sugar
- Cut the thin sliced beef into bite size. Blanch them in a boiling water briefly and then remove the cooked meat immediately.
- Soak the ginger in a water for a few minutes and drain well.
- Add all ingredients into a large skillet and then heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the meat changes color.
- Remove the meat from a skillet and set aside.
- For the glaze, the juice over medium-high heat bring to a boil and then bubble for about 30 seconds until the mixture is sticky.
- Place the cooked beef in the pan again and mix with the glaze until the meat have become glossy.