Soy simmered chicken
This is very easy and tasty recipe and it takes only 15-20 minutes from start to finish. I highly recommend that you cook root veggies, such as carrot, daikon radish or burdock with the chicken. They definitely go well. Before cooking the chicken, tightly roll it up and skewer with toothpicks to hold closed.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 300g chicken
- A clove of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1-1½ cups vegetables
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsps mirin or brown sugar
- 4 tbsps sake, rice wine
- ½ sup water
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and mix up well
- In a medium pot, place the chicken and vegetables. Then pour the soy sauce mixture.
- Heat the pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and veggies are tender