cooked green pea rice
This is slightly sweet pea-flavored rice dish. Very fresh tasting and easy to make. If you want retain vibrant green color of these peas, you can add the blanched peas at the end.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 2 cups rice
- 100-150g fresh green peas, shelled
- 1 abura-age
- 1-2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps sake
- Wash rice, let it soak for half an hour to an hour, drain well in a colander.
- Shell fresh green peas and soak them in water
- Blanched abura-age, let it cool, cut it into 5mm pieces and drain well
- Place the rice, soy sauce and sake in the rice cooker and then add water to 2 cups of rice (the rice-water ration may vary a little depending on the pots)
- Add peas, chopped abura-age and mix them up lightly.
- Cook until the cooking completion light has come on.
- Flip rice gently