Spring potato salad
This is delicious spring potato salad and no-fail☆ you can enjoy the taste and flavor of new potatoes. For a bit of extra kick, you can add relish, whole grain mustard or parmesan cheese.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 3-4 new potatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced and salted
- 2 deli ham slices
- 3-4 tbsps mayo
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sliced cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Scrub new potatoes clean and steam them until tender enough to pierce with a fork or bamboo stick. Set them aside to cool.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them and cut into 4-5 mm slices
- Cut cucumber into 3-4 mm slices and mix up with ½ tsp salt. Mix up with ½ tsp salt, let them sit for about 1o minutes and then squeeze out lightly in paper towel to remoce excess water.
- Cut deli ham into 1 cm square, chop cheese into small pieces
- Cut a hard-boiled egg into small pieces with egg slicer.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, toss up well and set them sit at room tempreture to allow the flavor to blend.