Thai ginger pork, Moo pad king
This is quick-and easy ginger flavored Thai dish. It’s not chilli spicy but ginger spicy. Some recipes call for hot chilli peppers though, I like the dish to be less spicy. So I always use some bell peppers or green beans. This pork stir-fry definitely goes great with noodles as well as steamed rice.
Author: Ryoko Yunoki
- 100g pork loin, thinly sliced
- ½ medium sized onion, thinly sliced lengthways
- ¼ cup ginger, shredded into matchstick sized pieces
- 5 green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces diagonally
- 15cm scallion, cut into bite-sized pieces lengthways
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- ½-1 tsp soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsps water
- ½ tsp starch
- In a small sized bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well
- Heat the wok over medium-high heat and add oil
- Add half of the shredded ginger and stir fry until fragrant and lightly browned about 15-20 seconds
- Add the pork and onion and stir fry until nearly cooked for a few minutes. Add the green beans, scallions and the rest of ginger.
- Stir fry until cooked thoroughly
- And then add the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce is thickened.